My Sun Cottage
My Sun Cottage
This well appointed summer home is located on MacMillan Lane, a paved, full access road, in Stanhope, Prince Edward Island. It is on the north shore of the island, on the edge of the National Park, just 25 minutes drive north of Charlottetown; you can walk to the beach through the national park, right on the Gulf of St. Lawrence, in about five minutes. I provide a seasonal national park pass for my guests to use during their stay, so you will be able to enjoy toll-free driving in the National Park as well.
Covehead Harbour, complete with a fresh fish market and deep sea fishing, is only two minutes drive away. The Stanhope golf course is less than 10 minutes drive. There is great biking available in the National Park, around Stanhope and on the island itself, and I have four bikes available for you to use. The popular north shore tourist attractions including Cavendish with Anne of Green Gables, North Rustico, and Brackley Beach are close enough to enjoy with very little driving, but not so close that the tourist traffic is bothersome.
Accommodates Two Families And Is Wheelchair Accessible
I bought and fully renovated the cottage in the summers of 2001 and 2002; this means all new windows, doors, insulation, siding, paneling, etc., everything is new. All the appliances, furnishing, linens, towels, are also new.
The 1400 square foot cottage sits on a very private 100'x150' lot and has:
- Master bathroom (9'x 8') that is wheelchair accessible, complete with accessible sink, toilet, grab bars, and a four foot shower stall that features a built in seat
- Small bathroom / laundryroom (8'x 8'), with a full size tub/shower combination, vanity, toilet, a 40 gallon electric hot water tank and a full-size washer/dryer; laundry soap is provided.
- Private Outside Shower Stall (7'x 6'), with both hot and cold running water; perfect for getting rid of salt and sand before hanging your swimsuits and towels out to dry.
- Back bedroom (12'x 14' facing south) with a queen sized bed, dresser with mirror, two nightstands with lamps, and a 6' closet/shelving organizer. There is lots of room for your portable traveling crib to sit at the foot of the bed; also has a 20" TV with Satelite, VCR & DVD
- Front pine bedroom (9'x 15' facing north) with a queen sized bed, 10" double sized futon, mirror, shelves, two nightstands, chest of drawers, reading lamps, and 7' closet/shelving organizer; also has a 20" TV with Satelite, VCR & DVD
- Galley kitchen (9'x 8') with dishwasher (soap provided), refrigerator, electric oven/stove, microwave, double stainless sinks, filtered drinking water, lots of cupboards
- Main room (15'x 20') (livingroom/diningroom combination) complete with electric fireplace and a 32" TV with Satelite and DVD; includes newly refinished colonial livingroom set and expandable table with a bench and additional chairs to seat up to 12 people
- Sunroom (12'x 20') with two double sized 10" futons, side tables, lamps, dresser and cupboard; also has a 20" TV with Satelite, VCR & DVD
- Backroom (10'x 12') with two 6' patio doors for that outside feeling. Has a 10" double sized futon, table and chairs. Doubles as a game room or additional sleeping quarters.
- Solarium (12'x 15') with table setting for 12 and padded patio furniture. Also has electric "wood" stove for that campfire feeling. Access from pine bedroom (patio door) or open deck (screen door). Room has seven patio doors in total to let you enjoy outdoor dining without the company of mosquitos, rain or cool evenings.
- 12' x 24' open deck (complete with wheelchair ramp) is accessed from the main room, solarium and sunroom. Assortment of patio furniture is provided.
- All rooms are wheelchair accessible with the exception of the small bathroom/laundry room. Please note that the pine bedroom is only wheelchair accessible from the solarium entrance; the bedroom door into the main room will not allow a wheelchair to pass.
- Thermostat controlled electric heat in all the rooms, aluminum horizontal blinds on all windows, vinyl vertical blinds on the patio doors, large ceiling fans in the main rooms.
- Cottage sleeps 12 to 14 people; will easily accommodate two families. Folding tables and benches allow 12 people to sit down to a meal together in both the solarium and the diningroom.
- The grounds have plenty of private space (with a new horseshoe pit) for your family to enjoy without the worry of shared driveways or local traffic.